Keeping Costs Low
We want every family to have the opportunity to participate in cub scouting!
Some costs are required…
- National registration fee
- Council Insurance
And some costs “just make sense”…
- Patches and belt loops to recognize scouts for their hard work
- Food and supplies for campouts and other activities
We try to keep overhead down as much as possible, so that we can focus on providing the best possible program to our scouts, at a price our families can afford. To do this, we try and minimize the “hidden costs” by doing some of these things…
- A pack t-shirt and neckerchief is included with registration
- Most of our camping supplies have been donated
- We try to avoid expensive activities at the pack-level
After adding up all of the expenses, it costs approximately $280/yr per scout for the pack to deliver the scouting program to each scout.
- $120/scout is paid in the form of dues
- $100/scout is generated through fundraising activities
- $60/scout is generated through additional pack-level fundraisers
We would be happy to share a copy of our budget with current or prospective Cub Scout families, and invite all families to participate in the annual planning conference where the budget is set for the year.
Are there any “hidden costs”?
Not intentionally, no. But there may be some expenses above and beyond annual dues. These activities are encouraged, but always optional. Examples include:
- additional camping tickets for large families (to cover food costs)
- food/drinks for parties or events (to be determined when planning the activity)
- admission when a den goes on a field trip (to be determined by the families in that den)
- uniform shirt and hat (or scouts can continue to wear their pack t-shirt)