March 2020 Campout
We will be going on our first group campout March 27 – 28. Arrive any time after 5pm on Friday, and we will plan to pack up and leave camp before 2pm the next day.
The purpose is to learn how a campout works.
Here are the meal arrangements:
- Bring dinner with you (since we will be arriving at different times)
- Evening snacks will be available (cracker barrel and s’mores)
- We will cook and eat a hot breakfast together
- A simple lunch (such as hot dogs, or sandwiches) before we pack up
Adults will learn:
- Selecting a tent location
- Setting up a dome-style tent
- Hiking safely as a group
- Campfire safety
- Three bucket method for washing dishes
Scouts will learn:
Not sure what to pack? It’s easy! We have a visual packing list, and checklist here. The pack has (several!) tents and sleeping bags available. Please message Cameron King in BAND to let him know if you would like to borrow an item.
When will it be dark?
- Dark before 6:27am
- Dark after 8:38pm
Bedtime is 9:30pm, or earlier at parent’s discretion.